[BUG] "Can not download (#) files" info screen stuck, persistent, multiple platforms

Lentil-Soup

"Can not download (#) files" info screen stuck, persistent, multiple platforms

SCOPE:

- Affects both Linux [Ubuntu v.18.10] and macOS [Mojave v.latest] clients

- Affects all folders for all issues

- Resilio v.2.6.3 (1340) (latest)

PROBLEM:

To start, I have some sort of sync issue that I need to troubleshoot.  (this happens every couple days, and is frustrating our team, but that's a different point for a different discussion).

In order to troubleshoot, I need to see what files are effected, so I first click on the notification: 1.png.bbefc11013e4aa7d2f426e1866ac1057.png

From there, I click on the error message ("cannot download (#) files") : 2.png.b09c703531bd3c88aa517199f5fbd292.png

Finally, what should show up as a list of conflicts, is just stuck on the loading screen:

33.png.44f49a50dbbb004635223cc7fcd241f2.png

Waiting several hours, restarting the service, disconnecting/reconnecting the folder, rebooting the machine, NOTHING seems to fix this.

Any help? :)

Edited by Lentil-Soup
Fixed a small typo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

@SFarbo

When a file in a shared folder in Selective sync mode is created and then deleted/moved while Sync is paused/busy with another task/has no other peers online, it cannot be synced to the other peers. Local peer notices the presence of a new file and after deleting it creates a placeholder. Other peers become aware of existence of such a file later, hence the warning sign, but in reality it is a "ghost file" that no one has anymore.

Ghost3_expl.png

Clicking on the warning one can see the filenames.

Ghost4_expl.png

If the files don't exist anymore, you can press the Ignore All button to hide the warning. One can also disable this warning via power user preferences:

Ghost5_switch_off_warning.png

If the files exist, one should be careful - may be the more up-to-date version actually exists on a certain peer which is offline at the moment. If you are certain that local version of files is the most up-to-date, touch them or move them out of a shared folder to some temporary location and then move them back to the shared folder.