Create Android photo backup with encrypted folders

Miyo

Hi all,

Since Dropbox isn't available for more than three devices I'm working on using Resilio to backup the photos from my phone.

If I use the standard 'backup' option, then backup works fine. However, the folder that is created is 'standard folder'. With that folder I can't put it on the public server.

I'm not sure if it's possible to create advanced 'encrypted folder' the same way with Android app photo backup feature.

I would need an encrypted folder because I want to sync to a server that's always on and I'm not the owner, so the contents should always be encrypted.

Is there any other solution? Thanks for any help, hint or idea.

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

so this is what I have done.

1) I have created an encrypted folder on the computer.

2) I have added this folder in rw way to the phone storage folder where the photos are.

3) I have added this folder in encrypted way to the public server that is always online.

So far it works for me. However, it's not perfect, because it's not really a backup, but both way sync. That means I can't delete (or move) photos from the computer and still keep them on the phone, which kind of sucks in the long term.

A possible solution for deleting (moving) photos from the computer would be selective sync on computer, but then I have to manually click on every new photo if I want it downloaded, which is less than perfect.

Any other ideas?