[2.6.4] Disconnecting a folder on Android

Mouserider

Hi,

When I disconnect a folder on Android, it will get removed from the synced folder list completely and I will no longer able to reconnect it later (unlike on the desktop).

To re-add it, I will have to add it again from another device, but this also means, it will be removed and re-added on all synced devices with the same identity.

Is this behavior on purpose?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just disconnected some folders again because they were not syncing anymore correctly. There are always some files which cannot be updated anymore. So I tried to reconnect these folders.

I click on disconnect on the Phone and the folders get removed completely from my list. Is this really the intended behavior? Shouldn't they go to disconnected state instead?

Re-adding the folder will now cause a Folder (1) creation on all devices with the same identity and a complete resync will be required.

Doe you use a lisenced Version? If yes, you have the possibility to connect to your Master device and you get a list of possible peers to connect. If there is no list, there is no Master connection.

The second issue with (1) is normal. Only delete this ending and connect.

10 minutes ago, Andy+ said:

Doe you use a lisenced Version? If yes, you have the possibility to connect to your Master device and you get a list of possible peers to connect. If there is no list, there is no Master connection.

The second issue with (1) is normal. Only delete this ending and connect.

I use a licensed version, however I'm using a separate identity for my mobile devices. I have a ton of data in my main identity and for most of it I don't want it to be accessible from insecure/mobile devices. Especially when there never is a need to access it from these devices.

I know that the (1) thing is normal. But what's leading to it isn't in my opinion.

Only deleting on one ending is exactly what I want to do, but this is what isn't working for me. I disconnect on one device and the folder gets completely removed from this identity instead, therefore syncing this change to all other devices.

Edited by Mouserider