Sync still <1MB/s

WebX

I'm using Resilio to sync between my seedbox at appbox.co and my home server.

The home server has a dual-gigabit ethernet connection, my internet is 1Gbps down, and my seedbox has 10Gbps upload and download.

When I sync with Resilio, the fastest speed I have seen yet is 2MB/s, but it generally hovers less than 1MB/s. So 0.1% of the bandwidth it has available.

I figure it must be using the Relay server. I have UPnP enabled, and I tried manually forwarding the listening port, but the speeds are unaffected. I also tried changing the disk priority setting.

Happen to know what's going on? Maybe appbox.co just sucks and is blocking these ports?

On 12/2/2020 at 6:53 PM, WebX said:

I'm using Resilio to sync between my seedbox at appbox.co and my home server.

The home server has a dual-gigabit ethernet connection, my internet is 1Gbps down, and my seedbox has 10Gbps upload and download.

When I sync with Resilio, the fastest speed I have seen yet is 2MB/s, but it generally hovers less than 1MB/s. So 0.1% of the bandwidth it has available.

I figure it must be using the Relay server. I have UPnP enabled, and I tried manually forwarding the listening port, but the speeds are unaffected. I also tried changing the disk priority setting.

Happen to know what's going on? Maybe appbox.co just sucks and is blocking these ports?

Can you run `top` on the seedbox and determine if there is high CPU?  Do you know how fast the disk I/O is?  Lastly, do you have a public IP from your seedbox? If so, then you can skip the relay and tracker and use predefined hosts.

My CPU usage total hovers around 1-2% generally. Resilio is running on an SSD though is saving to a 3-drive ZFS pool (Roughly RAID-5) that generally gets ~200MB/s and is seeing only a couple percent usage as well. On my local system, anyway.

My seedbox provides me with a URL for Resilio and that's basically what I get. I'll have to see if I can SSH into the seedbox and see how it is running. As cheap as it is, I have a feeling it would be the limiting factor.