How do I update SyncApp?

halon314

The "Check for updates automatically" option and the "Check now" button were, to my knowledge, not implemented in 1.0.75, and so 1.0.75, will always tell you that your client is up-to-date - even though it's not!

As rhd pointed out, the latest build is 1.0.116, and in addition, the name "SyncApp" has been dropped in favor of "BitTorrent Sync".

If you've not been given a link for the latest build, you could try emailing sync@bittorrent.com and asking very nicely for one!

Also, be aware that current builds of BitTorrent Sync are not compatible with SyncApp 1.0.75, therefore be sure to make a note of all your shared folders/secrets, etc, as these will have to be re-added if/when you update

(Trying to do an update from the app in version 1.0.99 did not work - Windows)

I'm not sure if the in-app update feature was ever implemented in 1.0.99, which may be why that's not working for you!?

All the latest available builds are available at http://labs.bittorre...ments/sync.html There are several editions available for Linux/NAS devices, although there's no "special" build listed for Synology (which could be because one of the other available Linux editions is fully compatible?). The latest build of BitTorrent Sync is 1.0.116

Autoupdate was implemented in .99 builds. However we changed the Secret size and product name, so we could auto-update silently. We had to upgrade and this is painful.

We still have all the oldest builds for Synology, just renamed it to glibc 2.4 builds. Just find proper CPU type and use proper glibc builds.