Error message after sync in 1.0.116

This error means BTSync is not able to find or read .SyncID file in shared folders. Can you check manually if this file really exists? .SyncID is hidden file on Windows. So if you look for it in Explorer, you need to configure it to show hidden files first.

I have now upgradeed to 1.0.132 - but you are correct, there does not seem to be a file .SyncID. I looked in \appdata\roaming\bitorrentsync. (see pic). Everything seems to work Ok until the first time sync stops (for what ever reason) and then I get the error.

post-24078-0-87938400-1368605329_thumb.j

I have now upgradeed to 1.0.132 - but you are correct, there does not seem to be a file .SyncID. I looked in \appdata\roaming\bitorrentsync. (see pic). Everything seems to work Ok until the first time sync stops (for what ever reason) and then I get the error.

A hidden .SyncID should be located within each folder you're syncing - not in the %AppData%/Roaming/BitTorrent Sync folder

If the .SyncID file is missing/corrupt within the folder you're trying to sync, this will be the reason you're seeing the particular error you're seeing. Simply removing the folder from BitTorrent Sync and re-adding it again should hopefully resolve this issue and re-generate a new .SyncID file

OK, I see. To explain: I copy all my files to a NAS at the end of each day, then BTSync them to a remote iMAC.

I'm using a lightly loaded Win8 VM on a diferent WAN connection to do the BTSync as the NAS is not supported.

But I'm I right in saying that its the .syncID file on the iMAC that the error message refers to? I cant see a .SyncID file on the iMAC.?