22.4 GB folder automatically moved to .SyncTrash

I am using BT Sync to sycn approximately 250 GB of data from one computer to 3 other computers. I have all my data in a seperate partition drive so I am syncing the entire drive so all folder within the drive will sync.

I setup everything and left the computer on today so that the sync could continue. Since all 4 computers are my computers I used the regular sync and NOT read only sync.

I came back to my PC after about 12 hours and was SHOCKED to see that a 22.4 GB folder that had my Outlook Files (Current and Archives) for the past 6 years. I save Outlook Files in My Documents folder. The default My Doc folder is in C Drive but since all my data is on a seperate partition drive I have changed the defauly My Doc folder to a My Doc folder in the partition drive.

So when I came to my PC and started Outlook I got a message that the data file was not found. I was SHOCKED. I was shocked to see the entire My Document folder of 22.4 GB sitting in the .SyncTrash folder. If this folder was not there then I would have lost my Outlook Files (Current and Archives) for the past 6 years.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong here or if I did anything wrong?

I came to BT Sync because my cousin recommended me but now I am not sure what to do.

Please help!

Hi folks. Since installing BT Sync a few days ago, I have twice experienced a similar problem. On each occasion several random folders have been deleted without any warning, and seemingly without any specific trigger event. Any help appreciated (although I suspect this may be buggy behaviour to be resolved in later versions).

My setup:

2 PCs running Win 7

- BitTorrent Sync version 1.0.134

- Computer A holds original directory which holds the shared directory and on which the r/w key was generated.

- Computer B running a sync'd copy of the directory. This computer does from time to time go into hibernation.

- Time and date on both computers are identical.

Files seem to be deleted from both computer A and computer B, since most deleted files seem to appear in the .SyncTrash folders on each of computers A and B.

Additionally extra folders have been created in the .SyncTrash directories. These directories have Windows NT style shortened directory names with 6 characters ending in a tilde (~1), For example if the original directory name was "long folder name", then the newly created .synctrash folder would be called "LONGFO~1". I haven't been quite able to work out if these folders are being created on the computer which was doing the deleting, or the other one which was subsequently being synced..

I appreciate I am not running the latest version ot BitTorrent Sync, and hopefully any upgrade will resolve this problem. However any feedback most welcome. At this point I am very wary and reluctant to use the product if there is even a remote chance this problem can re-occur.

Any help appreciated!