Bug with Android App

I did create an empty folder on my Android 4.2.2 (Galaxy Nexus) Device. Added that folder to BTSync Mobile and attached the QR code from the monitor. The shared folder is a music folder with 200 tracks.

After that I opened this shared folder in the app, switched to the Remote tab and touched all 200 files one after each other (without waiting to complete).

Immediately after that all 200 files on all desktop computers (2x Windows 8, 2x Linux i386) get renamed to *.sync! and become overwritten from the Android device.

The folder on the Android device was empty and is filling currently. With every file this file copies back to all other PCS ...

Regards

Ok, after a day with BTSync for Android I think I found the reason for the bug mentioned above. I still think it's a bug and I think it has to do with files copied to the Android device don't receiving the original timestamp.

The scenario:

* 1x Windows 8

* 2x i386

* 1x Windows 8 (offline)

* 1x Galaxy Nexus (stock Android 4.2.2)

All four machines were synced before installing APK on Android.

Please have a look at the History shown in the attachment:

* The APK was installed (the APK file was synced in my network)

* I created all shared folders on the Android device and linked them with the QR codes from the Windows 8 machine.

* On the Remote tab in the Android app I touched all files in the "KeePass" folder, the file starting with 13 and all files in the Bittorrent folder.

* All these files were synced successfully from my network to the Android Device and received the green marker in the app.

* Some minutes later all files were synced back from the Android Device to my network (Galaxy Nexus added file ...).

Now it get's weird: These files did have the current timestamp from the Android Device and overwrote the correct files in my network. Bouncing starts now. The files were synced again this time with the new (wrong) timestamp and this process never ended until I did de-install the APK from my Android device.

post-24616-0-12386500-1371653111_thumb.p

This must be an issue with your connection then. Pretty much the same thing happened to me, except when I clicked on each item they Synced (because they wouldn't automatically) with no issues.

Visual:

i8Yt18I.png

As you can see, the Sync finished, I added a new folder on my phone, captured the QRCode and clicked on some items to manually Sync them.

Here they are complete on my desktop:

hAhFdcP.png

This must be an issue with your connection then.

This is LAN only.The Windows 8 and i386 machines worked nearly perfect.

Do you by any chance use a rooted Android device? My Galaxy Nexus is stock Google, so no additional permissions on file systems etc..

All files written by BTSync get a new timestamp on the Android Device - not the original one. What timestamps do your files get on the Android device?