how do I restore my files?

sudtle

I have the exact same issue as the original poster. I'm using BitTorrent Sync 1.0.134 on OS 10.7.5 and Windows 7 x64.

The process I used:

1. On the Mac I chose a folder with few files and folders in it.
  2. I installed the client on Windows.
  3. I used the secret key from the Mac to connect with a folder on Windows that had many files and subfolders.

The resultS of the sync were...

• Thousands of files were deleted from Windows
  • All the Mac files were copied over to Windows
  • Some of the Windows files were copied to the Mac

Thankfully the .synctrash saved me from hours of downloading backups from an off-site server.

Step 1: UPDATE.

Step 1: IT IS UPDATED. How rude. The software reports that the "Client version is up to date" on both machines. It's a brand new download, too 4 days ago). If you have a more recent version, your own software doesn't know about it, so how should its users?

Step 1: IT IS UPDATED

There is an update. Version 1.1.15 has been released through this forum. If you go to the main page of this forum, it is a pinned thread that gets updated before the clients do.

All version 1.1.x versions are not compatible with 1.0.x versions, so you will need to update all of your installs.

There is an update. Version 1.1.15 has been released through this forum. If you go to the main page of this forum, it is a pinned thread that gets updated before the clients do.

All version 1.1.x versions are not compatible with 1.0.x versions, so you will need to update all of your installs.

Aha! Thank you! I'm installing it on the systems now and will watch 1.1.15's behavior.