moved folders in SyncTrash

Jx7

Hi,

I have a question about the folders in the SyncTrash folder.

I create a folder Dump on my Linux_A

(/Linux_A/Dump)

The folder Dump is automatically transferred by BTSync on my Linux_B

(/Linux_B/Dump)

I delete the folder Dump on my Linux_A

The folder Dump is automatically moved into the SyncTrash folder on my Linux_B

(/Linux_B/.SyncTrash/Dump)

I move the folder Dump on my Linux_B into his original path

(/Linux_B/Dump)

And now my problem is that BTSync automatically move again the folder Dump into the SyncTrash folder on my Linux_B

(/Linux_B/.SyncTrash/Dump)

I stop & start the 2 BTSync but still the same.

Is it normal?

If yes, how can I change that please?

Thank you for your help

I just tried with a third Linux (Linux_C) and this one is different: when I move back the folder into his original path it stay at this place. Strange...

The only difference is the presence of sub-folders on Linux_A & Linux_B between the path I put on BTSync and the final folder.

Yes, this is normal behavior for a "read-only" Sync folder!

btw, 1.1.27 is the latest version, so do consider updating!

I don't understand why this is a normal behaviour because the file his moved on the receiving machine, not on the sending machine. I should be able to put whatever I want on the reading machine because BTSync never send it with the read-only mode.

I don't understand why this is a normal behaviour because the file his moved on the receiving machine, not on the sending machine. I should be able to put whatever I want on the reading machine because BTSync never send it with the read-only mode.

You've made the folder "read-only" to Sync... that means that any changes you make to it, won't propagate to other devices, but other devices changes will continue to propagate to that device in order to keep that folder in sync.

So if you have previously deleted a folder on Device A, this folder will be deleted on Device B. If Device B uses a "read only" secret, and you add a folder back to that with the same name as the deleted folder, then in order for Device A to keep Device B in sync, the folder will be deleted again from Device B (as it doesn't exists on Device A).

In that case, if putting back a folder to his original path make it to be deleted because of the read-only mode, the same thing have to be done for the deleted folder.

For example with the same configuration which is: Device A and Device B are synchronized and Device B use a read-only secret.

A folder in Device A is synced on Device B.

Now I delete this folder from Device B.

With the same reasoning, the folder have to be synced again in order for Device A to keep Device B in sync. But this is not the case ; I do it with every day and this is why I was surprised with this situation.