Rights on a synchronized folder

Librentez

Hi,

I'm using BittorrentSync trough my VPN to synchronize my Android Phone and my laptop and it works well.

Today I started synchronization between my laptop and a dedicated server, for backup. The folders on the dedicated server are on a encrypted partition. The rights on synchronized folders are 771 but I would like them to be 700 (Or 200 if it's possible). How can I them the defaults rights for synchronized folders ?

I apologize for my English,

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I also would like to know how to configure BittorrentSync ( server version ) so that the folders/files are set to a specific User and group with the rights set to 777 (full perm) as im useing this to sync my local server with a remote server. right now im haveing to go in and change the user, group and prems on the folder and files manualy after each sync. Also my local server is currently running Ubuntu 10.04LTS. My local server is actualy mainly for video file storage for being played on various devices on my local network.

the problem is that the server version will only run as root leaving no access to the files for any local system( on the same network) via samab share and unmask wil not help when a process is running as root and modifying/createing the folders/files which makes them owned and only manageable by root  and not via the user login or any remote access to same folder/files.