Change File In Smb Share, Not Updated To Btsync Clients

joltman

I have an Illumos NAS at home (OmniOS) as a VM.  Another VM is an Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS x64 VM.  On OmniOS I have a userdir (ZFS DataSet) that has 3 folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos).  Each of these folders is NFS shared to my Ubuntu VM as my user (same UID=1000).  That same OmniOS zfs dataset/userdir is shared via CIFS.  So as an example:

OmniOS                                              Ubuntu                                      CIFS from OmniOS

/tank/joltman/Documents          /home/joltman/Documents    \\10.0.0.50\joltman\Documents

I have btsync (1.3.92) on the Ubuntu headless server VM.  It shares out the /home/joltman/Documents to other btsync devices (my Windows 8.1 x64 Pro laptop).  I can successfully, add/change/remove a file on my laptop and the file will get pushed to the Ubuntu server and it's changed successfully.  Awesome!  However, if from another Windows machine, I push a file to \\10.0.0.50\joltman\Documents\, my laptop will not update the file (even after 10 minutes).  If I restart the btsync daemon, the file gets updated.  If I login to the btsync webpage on Ubuntu, the file gets updated.  It doesn't seem to happen automatically.  I don't think this is a huge issue, but it's something I noticed.  It's most likely an issue because I'm pushing a file to the CIFS link (which runs through OmniOS) and not to a SMB share from the Ubuntu VM.  I'm just curious if others have had this issue and if there's anything I can do to solve it?  Thanks!

• 9 months later...

I am having this exact same issue.

I was wondering if anybody else noticed this & maybe has a solution

In my case, I have an NFS share mounted on my server and want to run BTSync on that server. Changes from other clients are propageted properly, but changes from the server do not propogate.

(the reason for this setup is that my NAS cannot run btsync but the files that I want to share are on the NAS)