Ignore Junction In Windows 7 (Syncignore)

OpenRoad

Hello - 

I am trying to add  my <username>\Documents folder to BTSync (not sharing yet).    It will not index completely,  it gets stuck on a Junction in the \Documents directory and fails.   I've worked with support and confirmed this is a problem, they have indicated it will be fixed in a future release. (thanks for the help!). 

The temporary solution suggested is to add the junction to the .SyncIgnore file in \Documents.   But, I cannot get BTSync to ignore the junction.   

This is the error I receive: 

[2014-06-30 14:46:51] SyncFolderScanner: GetFileList failed for folder \\?\C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Videos - error code 5 

These are my junctions in the Documents folder: 

dir /AL output:

02/03/2012  08:57 PM    <JUNCTION>     My Music [C:\Users\<username>\Music] 
02/03/2012  08:57 PM    <JUNCTION>     My Pictures [C:\Users\<username>\Pictures] 
02/03/2012  08:57 PM    <JUNCTION>     My Videos [C:\Users\<username>\Videos] 

I've shut down BTSync.   and modified .SyncIgnore with of: 

My Videos

My?Videos

My?Videos\*

Yet I still get the error above as it tries to index the junction.   Any advice on what I'm doing wrong in my .SyncIgnore? 

Thanks in advance for the help

Why are you using a junction there? You can just tell Windows to move those directories and update the system variables, instead of using a junction (from the properties dialog).

Or use a native symlink instead of a junction point. mklink /D link target

I would rather get the ignore file to just ignore it. From what I've found from some technet docs, these junctions are standard as part of a win7 upgrade for "backwards compatibility" reasons. Regardless, I'm hoping to make the sync ignore file work versus redoing junctions, and all the libraries that seem to use those junctions.

Did I put them there purposefully? Nope (see above). Can I delete them, maybe. but I'd rather get the syncignore file to ignore versus mucking around with deleting junctions put their by the os.