Backup Folder Pairs Behaving Like Sync?

Beej

Not sure if this is a bug, or whether I'm misunderstanding how the "Backup" option works.

I've set up a backup folder pair between my Nexus 5 and my PC, and transferred a huge swathe of photos from my phone to my computer.  I then deleted the files from my phone (being careful not to delete the BitTorrent Sync system files), but the same files were subsequently deleted on my computer by BitTorrent Sync.

Is this supposed to happen?  I thought a "backup" folder pair meant one-way syncing, and that this wouldn't involve deleting any files on my PC.

Thankfully I suspected this might happen and made a copy of my PC folder before I deleted the files on my phone, so my photos are still safe.

Can anyone shed some light on this?  If this is how the "Backup" folder pair option is supposed to work (one-way syncing, including syncing deleted files), it would be great to have an option to turn off the syncing of deleted files.  It would really help users like me who want to use BitTorrent Sync to backup photos on their mobile devices.

Quick specs:

- Android Nexus 5 with the latest 4.4.4 KitKat

- Windows 8.1 64-bit