Latest Update Breaks Btsync On 3 Computers

emegra

Hi Guys

I'm running Peppermint 5 (Ubuntu derivitive) on 2 PC's and 1 laptop all of them have BTSync installed, last night i received an update and it's broke BTSync on each computer, the icon is still there on the panel but it has an exclamation mark in the centre indication an error.

when i right click on the icon "Open Web UI" is greyed out and at the top it says "Connection Error 400" 

This happened to each PC immediately after the update 

If I try to restart it from the terminal I'm told it's running but it's not

Here's a copy of the terminal output

graeme@Linux1 ~ $ btsync startbtsync-agent already running - nothing to dograeme@Linux1 ~ $ btsync stopgraeme@Linux1 ~ $ btsync startgraeme@Linux1 ~ $ By using this application, you agree to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use and End User License Agreement.http://www.bittorrent.com/legal/privacyhttp://www.bittorrent.com/legal/terms-of-usehttp://www.bittorrent.com/legal/eulaBitTorrent Sync forked to background. pid = 24056. default port = 8888WARNING:root:Communication Error caught, displaying error messageWARNING:root:Communication Error caught, displaying error messageWARNING:root:Communication Error caught, displaying error message

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Graeme

The problem is due to an incompatibility between btsync-user and BitTorrent Sync 1.4. See Issue #155 - the problem will be fixed in the next release.

If you are impatient, you should give btsync-gui a try. You can find more information in this topic. The installation of btsync-gui automatically replaces btsync-user and migrates the configuration:

sudo apt-get install btsync-gui

WARNING: Please keep in mind, that migrating back to btsync-user is not straightforward and requires manual interventions!

Thanks for your reply,

I installed btsync-gui as suggested and that's fixed the problem, however other than the btsync icon on my panel (which is now working fine) I have 2 menu entries BitTorrent Sync & BitTorrent Sync Web UI and neither of them work when I select BitTorrent Sync nothing happens and if I select BitTorrent Sync Web UI I'm prompted for a password, to my knowledge I have never password protected btsync

Any help would be much appreciated

Graeme

Thanks for your reply,

I installed btsync-gui as suggested and that's fixed the problem, however other than the btsync icon on my panel (which is now working fine) I have 2 menu entries BitTorrent Sync & BitTorrent Sync Web UI and neither of them work when I select BitTorrent Sync nothing happens and if I select BitTorrent Sync Web UI I'm prompted for a password, to my knowledge I have never password protected btsync

Any help would be much appreciated

Graeme

The "BitTorrent Sync Web UI" menu item is a remnant from the btsync-user installation. You can remove it:

rm ~/.local/share/applications/btsync-user.desktop

The menu entry "BitTorrent Sync" launches the BitTorrent Sync GUI (that is already running, if you see the symbol in the bar). From the status icon you can reach the menu and there you can open the GUI with "Open BitTorrent Sync..."