Any Chance Of "video Streaming" Support For Sync?

marc321

As some may know, I'm developing a system (based on the Sync API) to distribute mp4 video files over computers inside a few schools.

As BitTorrent's clients have a feature to allow playing video while still downloading (known as "streaming"), are there any plans to have this feature on Sync?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I would like this feature also, but for me, I would specifically want to augment or integrate such a feature into Plex.  Syncing videos within Plex "works" but there are so many limitations and pitfalls when used with multiple users on shared devices.

It would be great if Sync could make currently syncing video files available for playback after xx% of the file had downloaded.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

+1 on this topic. Proofing a video render would be so much easier if you could stream the video right away like on dropbox app (android and iOS)... and yeah; if you could comment on shared files, that would be awesome. (Maybe automaticly timestamp the comments if its audio or video... that would be perfect :-))