Ios Camera Backup - Randomly Missing Files

setlist

Hi!

TLDR:  iOS Camera Backup is randomly skipping photos and videos when conducting a sync.  Is there a solution?

The details:

I just found BTS when searching for a simple way to transfer videos and photos from my family's nine iOS devices to our home NAS.  The concept and tech seems perfect, but I hit a reliability snag. 

To test it out I've started with my:

iPhone 6 running iOS version 1.4.103 and

a freshly set up windows 8.1 machine running BTS 1.4.103 Beta

The set up was simple and uneventful:

I turned on camera backup on BTS on the iPhone, and generated an email to myself

Using the email link I pointed my Windows 8.1 machine to use a path to my NAS.  

Syncing over seemed to go reasonably fast (~10MB/sec).

The camera roll is a combination of photos and videos taken by the camera, received via whatsapp, screenshots taken and the "save-to-camera-roll" function within iOS programs.

But when I check the final folder on my NAS I can see that some videos and photos have been skipped by BitTorrent sync.  There seems to be no particular pattern or logic.  I then took 10 fresh photos on the iPhone 6 camera, and when I reloaded BTS and let it do a refreshing sync 6 of them copied over and 4 of them were again skipped.

Is there a trick to overcome this problem?  

Other info I can give you:

File discrepancy:

The iPhone BTS software states my Camera Back Up is 12,299 files, 16.8 GB.

Going iPhone -> photos -> Camera roll shows 12,299 files.

Using Windows explorer it states the folder has 9,625 files, 15.5 GB.
The Windows 8.1 BTS software states the size is 15.57 GB.

Date stamp discrepancy:

The iPhone BTS software states "Last Synced 31 Dec 2014, 11:51 AM, 1 device connected" - even though it clearly just synced today (Jan 3, 2015).

The Windows 8.1 BTS software states that it synced 36 minutes ago (this is correct).

So for some reason BT Sync has skipped 2,674 files, randomly and sporadically throughout the camera roll.  And I'm not sure if it's related or not, but the iPhone it seems to be confused on the last synced time stamp.

THANKS!

Thanks!

I didn't think the 2,674 files that didn't transfer were locked but to be absolutely sure I just did a hard reset on my iPhone 6 and immediately loaded BT sync to do an updated sync after the phone came back online.  (I also rebooted on the PC so no files were open on the receiving computer).

The other device has over 2 TB of free space fully accessible so there's no space constraint being hit.

The problem is still persisting.

On the positive side the time stamp for Last Synced on the iPhone is now refreshing properly.

Any suggestions on a next troubleshooting step to try?

• 2 weeks later...