[Already Implemented] Sync To Non-Empty Folder

sab34

Adding a new sync on device A creates a new folder in the default folder of device B.

Request: ask user of device B where the new folder should be created, and allow sync to non-empty folder (as is possible in BTSync 1.x). The latter is probably the most common case for people migrating from btsync 1 or from other services... 

[i know this is on the radar, but I think this is important enough to deserve its own thread].

Not if when you add a new device you set it's default behavior to "Available" instead of "Connected" - that way you can select a different location for each share you subsequently "connect"

True.

Although I feel like syncing to a non empty folder, basically merging them and not syncing doublicate files, is something that should be possible.

Although I feel like syncing to a non empty folder, basically merging them and not syncing doublicate files, is something that should be possible.

Indeed it should!

I believe it's a bug in the latest 2.0 alpha builds - if you have two linked devices set to "Available" (rather than "Connected") and you add a folder to one, if you then try to connect the corresponding folder that appears on the other device and specify a non-empty target folder for it, the folder doesn't "connect" (and doesn't tell you why either). The expected behavior is that Sync should instead warn you that you've selected an non-empty folder and ask if you wish to proceed or not.