Renaming File Causes Entire File To Be Re-Downloaded

sync25

Is there any way for BTsync to simply recognize the file has just been renamed, and simply rename the file on all instances rather than deleting it and re-downloading?

I am trying to use BTsync as a tool to help keep my media organized. On one device I have the media stored in a sync'd folder. On another of my computers with the same sync'd folder I run filebot to parse through and rename things, edit the metadata, clean it all up. The problem is, if I do this for a given folder then rather than simply updating those tiny bytes of information regarding name and metadata, sync re-syncs the entire 12gb folder. 

Any way around this?

Sync can interpret renaming in two ways: as actually renaming the file or as the file being deleted and new created. In latter case the whole file will be re-synced.

It depends on how it's done by the renaming app and what notification Sync gets from the system.

Anyway, I'd like to take a look at logs from both peers - the one where you rename it, and the one which receives the whole file again. In the mail put link to this topic, and please tell me what file you renamed, its old and new name. Thanks!