[Solved] Trouble Syncing Edited Text Files

phneutral

Hi there!

I like the software, however with Android it seems very unstable. 

Network seems fine too. uPNP has opened necessary ports in router, even though I mostly use home WiFi for syncing.

Here's what happens:

I edit some txt files and very often randomly it doesn't seem to update the file on both my girlfriend's android and mine. (Cyanogenmod 11). When I check the status of the specific file in the App, the progressbar under it doesn't disappear. A cross next to it also stays, and at the bottom it keeps indicating that a few bytes are sent and received. The file seems to stay stuck. I then have to physically move the file out of the synced folder on the pc, resync, and place it back.

--Update-- I see, it seems to be similar to this issue:

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/34075-android-computer-repeated-editing-of-file-leads-to-non-sync/

Any solution for this? APP seems otherwise quite useless with Android.

Hope to hear from you, thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Dennis

Edited by phneutral

Thanks Helen. I tried version 2, problem then is solved, however, I personally don't find it as flexible. I wish to use the software also as a backup method via the network, and version 2 seems quite inflexible with configuring Sync folder locations and names, outside of the default Sync folder path.

phneutral,

"Plus" button in the lower right corner -> New backup and you will be able to pick backup location. 

For adding sync folders, 'Simple mode' should be disabled in Sync preferences as in 1.4. Though there was a little problem with it, though a workaround was found: share the folder again from PC to phone via QR code. 

All further discussions of Sync 2.0 should be done in the relevant thread

Ok, after quite some fidgeting I got things working with 2.0, thanks! I sure hope future updates won't mess things up. I do have some issues left with synced folder permissions in version 2.0, but I just started a thread about it here: http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/34214-connecting-to-disconnected-folders-without-permission/ .

Thanks again.