• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About phneutral

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

393 profile views
  1. Issue still exists, 1,5 years later. Only solution for me is to remove the share, and add it again.
  2. Thanks for your reply! I did try restarting Sync, both on desktop and the phone. Unfortunately didn't help. I look forward to the fix, meanwhile, I'll just deal with it then. Thanks for all the work!
  3. Hi there, I loved Resilio sync through the years. Though now with a new phone and new SD card (that doesn't have file system errors), I notice an issue. I have my phone set up to take photos to my SD card. Then I've configured Resilio Sync to sync those photos with my desktop. They are synced, but the taskbar icon of Resilio Sync on my desktop keeps spinning. Also when bringing Resilio Sync to the foreground on the desktop, it keeps indicating that the camera folder share is not 100% synced. Sometimes 67%, sometimes 85%, and when I look which files are in the queue, then these are so
  4. Anyone? I still have this issue. I would really like some suggestions if possible. Thanks
  5. Hi there, It keeps happening that documents I make with LibreOffice, get overwritten with 0kb versions of them, since I started using BitTorrent Sync. The original document is then moved to the Archive under the .Sync folder. I tried different formats, like .docx, and .odt, it doesn't seem to matter. It randomly happens. Might there be some kind of combination of (Libre)Office (temp locked files) and the BitTorrent software that seems to be clashing? Under the Archive folder I also find locked 1kb files, like: .~lock.documentname.1.odt# .~lock.documentname.2.odt# .~lock.documentname.3.odt#
  6. Hi RomanZ, thanks for getting back to me, for helping with the issue. However, I'm quite satisfied with version 2.0, so far! Now I'm not planning to go back to version 1.4 anymore. I'm sorry.
  7. Hi there, Is there a way to remove a few linked devices from the devices list that are not used anymore? While setting up BitTorrent Sync on two Androids, the program kept crashing a few times, which forced me to reconfigure the setup. No problem, it happens, but it did link already with another "main" device, and on there the two unused devices are staying "out of sync" in the list. Any way to remove those? Thanks!
  8. Almost everything seems to be working fine now, except one thing I noticed. On different computers, docx files get overwritten with empty versions of them (0kb). Then the correct docx files are moved to the Archive folder. Any idea why this could happen? Thanks!
  9. @RomanZ Thanks very much for your suggestion. I just disconnected the backup PC from the devices, and added a shared read-only folder manually. Now approval was needed too, since I selected that option, and it's syncing as I type. So far so good. I think yesterday I tried this setup with Android, and it didn't start syncing for some reason. I'll try that again later, after I setup the backup PC syncs, and will post with an update whether or not it's fully working this time. I think the confusion came from the fact that after installing BitTorrent Sync 2, it gave two options, connect to a d
  10. Thanks RomanZ. I think I did try this. While setting up the BitTorrent Sync software, I selected "this is the first device running BitTorrent", instead of connecting to one. Then the added folders showed the number "1.4" on them, which probably indicates that it's functioning as the 1.4 version of this software. I noticed it then somehow wouldn't sync, so I decided to connect devices. Perhaps there was a glitch, I'll try again in a minute. Are there any disadvantages in that setup when it comes to speed that you know of?
  11. Hi there! Sync 2.0 seems to be working so far...after quite a challenging setup for three pc's and two Android devices. Thanks to the developers for all the work! If, after updates, this keeps on working like how I set it up, I would buy the software. One thing though, I notice that no matter what settings I fondle with, when I share folders, with "disconnected" setting by default, other linked devices can always add those folders to sync, without me having to give them permission. Even though I select that permission is required. My setup is the following: PC 1 shares folder "shared" wi
  12. Ok, after quite some fidgeting I got things working with 2.0, thanks! I sure hope future updates won't mess things up. I do have some issues left with synced folder permissions in version 2.0, but I just started a thread about it here: . Thanks again.
  13. Thanks Helen. I tried version 2, problem then is solved, however, I personally don't find it as flexible. I wish to use the software also as a backup method via the network, and version 2 seems quite inflexible with configuring Sync folder locations and names, outside of the default Sync folder path.