Connecting To Existing Folder Raspberry Pi

harrisc

I have btsync running on 2 Windows 7 PC and a Raspberry Pi. It was working. I upgraded all to version 2.0.85. I had to remove all files and re-add them to get correct folder locations. One Windows 7 PC was used as main PC. I then linked the Windows 7 & Raspberry Pi.

On Windows 7 PC I could use Manual Connection to sync folders in correct position.

On Raspberry Pi, I managed to sync 2 folders. Now when on the Raspberry Pi I was trying to add a"Manual connection" using a link from my Windows PC.  The program offers a default folder location. I set it to a existing location . I get message that destination folder is not empty. I confirm that this is OK. The dialog box disappears then appears again. This happens continuously. I cannot add the folder.

This is the same for all folders I attempt to add.

I can use "manual connection" for a folder that does NOT exist on the Raspberry Pi.

How can I overcome this problem?

Chris

Chris,

If you have linked your W7 and RPi to W7main, the former two should have the folders you add to Sync on W7main listed in Sync UI.

If you have linked these two in "Disconnected" mode, then you will be able to pick location for the folder when clicking "connect".

Why use "manual connection" when you have linked you machines as "my devices"? 

As for not being able to get past "Folder not empty. Add anyway", we are aware of it, and people who report is suddenly have it sorted out after restarting sync, or re-trying to connect folders. If it still happens, can you please send debug logs from this machine, and describe the *exact* steps that led to the problem? 

Why use "manual connection" when you have linked you machines as "my devices"? 

I had upgrade from version 1.4. It was not straightforward, even thought I would say I was computer literate. I had to remove all folders and then add them again. I could not seem to move the folders. It was easier to remove them all and then readd them. I could not see any toher way than manual connection.

In the end I rename the folders on the Raspberry , add the folders from the PC, pause the sync and then move all the files from the renamed folder. This did work.

For some reason the operating system on the Raspberry Pi became corrupted. So I will now reinstall everything and see if it easier/better this time!

Chris