2.0 Cannot Give Write Permissions When Sharing A 1.4 Folder

Stonefred

Let me start by outlining my current setup:

- Ubuntu server running btsync 1.4.75

- QNAP NAS running btsync 1.3.106

- multiple clients (EDIT: Windows)

Up until now, everything was working fine, until I decided to upgrade my local client. I didn't know about 2.0 and upgraded anyways. Then a colleague accidentally moved a shared folder "A" and couldn't restore it ("Cannot identify the destination folder").

First, he tried to upgrade to 2.0 as well, without luck of restoring the local copy of "A". So I shared it again with him, selecting read and write permissions. He received "A", but only with read permissions. "A" is marked with 1.4 in the clients.

Is this a general problem? Should we rather downgrade our clients to 1.4 or upgrade the server and NAS to 2.0 (if this is even possible)? Would this introduce new bugs in addition to the restriction of the 10 folder limit? Is it possible to upgrade folders from 1.4 to 2.0?

I would be very happy for some help with this, as this is a production environment and I cannot risk any downtime.

Edited by Stonefred

Stonefred,

So I shared it again with him, selecting read and write permissions. He received "A", but only with read permissions. "A" is marked with 1.4 in the clients.

Does he have a 'crossed pencil' icon on this folder? If not, then this is RW folder. 

Also, open this folder preference (in Sync) -> View key and see if there is A&B pair or only B key. If A&B pair, than this is RW folder.

How exactly were you sharing the folder from your machine - via link or key (if you shared 1,4 folder)?

Please see these folder types so as not to get confused.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you share a few screenshots - of Sync UI showing this folder, and it's key (all letters but first one blurred) if its a 1.4 folder. 

The only possible case of a remote peer receiving RO link when share RW link is when one clicks "Copy" or "Email the link *before* switching to RW in "Share" window (RO is picked by default).