Can't Connect Devices With 2.0

Mrath

I have successfully upgraded my Linux Mint desktop, Android phone, unRAID box and RPi to Sync 2.0, but am having trouble linking the devices.

First, when I scan the QR code on my Android phone, I get the following error:

Both devices are already connected to a user identity. To connect these devices with a single identity, you must first disconnect one of them. You will lose access to all folders (except classic folders) and all linked devices on that device

How do I disconnect devices in 2.0?

Also, when I try to link devices using the alphanumeric string given by Sync, my Linux Mint desktop doesn't go past "Connecting, please ensure the other device is online", although the other device is online. File syncing works fine with my RPi using the same exact alphanumeric string on the same LAN.

In general, the upgrade/installation process of 2.0 is quite complicated, and if I'm to pay close to 40 EUR a year, I expect a much smoother user experience.

How do I disconnect devices in 2.0?

Go to "My devices" -> This device -> Unlink.

Also, when I try to link devices using the alphanumeric string given by Sync, my Linux Mint desktop doesn't go past "Connecting, please ensure the other device is online", although the other device is online. File syncing works fine with my RPi using the same exact alphanumeric string on the same LAN.

Key for linking devices start with "M" letter. And there are no keys for syncing files in 2.0, apart from classic 1.4 folder, key starting from A or B.  How can RPi sync files using the same key as you are trying to link devices? Perhaps this article will help you to link devices? 

Key for linking devices start with "M" letter. And there are no keys for syncing files in 2.0, apart from classic 1.4 folder, key starting from A or B.  How can RPi sync files using the same key as you are trying to link devices? Perhaps this article will help you to link devices? 

I copy the key starting with M from my unRAID box 2.0 client from "My Devices", "Link Device", "Link a desktop device manually", and paste it into the "link device already running 2.0" under "link a desktop manually" prompt on my Linux machine. The key is the same as on my Android and RPi, and it should be, reading the link you provided. So I think I've been doing it right.

I successfully linked my RPi using the above steps, but the Linux client refuses to go past the "connecting" window following the same steps.

Tangential topic: the terminology Sync is using is vague and inconsistent with previous versions. "Key for linking devices" starting with M is more like a (public?) encryption key or (public?) identity, rather than a string to link files or devices like it was in 1.4? Why not call it (public/private) user identifier, then?

The Android tip worked, thanks! It takes a good minute for the list of devices to show up, and I didn't know to wait for that. A prompt saying "updating device list" would avoid this oversight.

While I'm at it: back button doesn't work properly on Android client, and Sync stops Spotify intermittently.

edit: nevermind. After restarting, the Linux desktop link worked :) Thank you, Helen!

"Key for linking devices" starting with M is more like a (public?) encryption key or (public?) identity, rather than a string to link files or devices like it was in 1.4?

Well, they are actually keys for linking devices. Just a common 1.4 key. 

back button doesn't work properly on Android client, and Sync stops Spotify intermittently.

hmmm, am I missing something simple and obvious here? Do you open mp3 right from Sync app and have them opened in Spotify? Then soft button (it is what you mean) 'back" will close it.