With "sync All" Off - How Can I Control Amount Of Space Used?

halon314

I recently upgraded to SyncPro so I would have the option to turn off the "Sync All'.

This is great for my laptop which has limited storage.  I previously used a similar feature on "Wuala" and in their software I could define a limit to the "cache" of local files that were store locally.  Once I hit that threshold, the oldest files (those that I had not accessed in the longest time) would no longer be stored locally.  This was a GREAT feature.  I am wondering if there is a similar option on BT Sync, or as I continue to use files will they just keep eating away at my HD?

Thanks!

Sync won't automatically remove your files after a certain time/storage limit is reached - the only exception being the "archive" function, which retains files that have been deleted, etc from other devices you're syncing with for a certain number of days (controlled by the advanced sync_trash_ttl setting).

If your laptop has limited space, you could consider reducing the sync_trash_ttl setting (default is 30 days) or ensuring that each folder's "store deleted files in folder archive" setting is disabled.

You can also further reduce the amount of space on your laptop that sync will use by ensuring that debug logging is disabled, and reducing the log_size advanced setting.

Partial sync is a great feature, which I use on my laptop.

It -does- take space for the virtual arborescence (empty files) as an empty file has a minimum size for the computer.

Full sync of 1TB / 250 000 files (or so) will take about 40GB for an empty partial sync at my place. It was too much for a colleague with limited SSD.