I Have Duplicate Bittorrent Sync Folders On My Laptop

jgnetsec

Hello, I need to get rid of duplicate Bittorrent sync folders, if i go to the Bittorrent Sync Mother folder at the top of the hiearchy, I have 2 of every folder that I am trying to sync, inside each is only the placeholder files, however bittorrent sync is only installed once.  What can i do to safely delete the duplicate folders without deleting all my data from the shared folders, (which are also on another device and I'm afraid if I delete the placeholders that they will remove the files from the other device.

Thanks

J

jgnetsec,

unlink that folder from Sync, so that your activity in it will not be synced, organize the files and link an existing folder you, as far as I can tell, wanted to add initially 

If you devices is linked in Synced or Connected mode, folders, that you add on other devices, will be automatically created in default path. If there is already a folder with such a name, Sync will create a new one with (1) index. 

To avoid it, link device in Disconnected mode, and manually pick a folder location when connecting it.