Issue With Ignorelist And Folder With A Dot

NicCo

Ok does the folder start with a dot in its name?

If yes, you have to stop BitTorrent Sync, open the IgnoreList file for THAT share where the folder is in and remove the ".*" but you have to add ".sync".

After that save the document and start BitTorrent Sync again.

You might have to move the folder in an out to see it actually syncing.

You also have to do this on the other end of the peer or more like for every peer that is trying to access that share.

You will have all files and folder that start with a dot syncing so be aware of that.

Have you read and followed the following steps in the article I linked to?

Delimiters
When composing a filter consisting of 2 or more components, note that path delimiters are OS-dependent and not universal. So please do not forget to use “/“ for Mac and unix-based OSes, while for Windows OSes use “\”.

Note: the IgnoreList is applied to the folder where it is contained and its subfolders. It will not work with the files that have already been synced. 

Timings and delays
Once Sync has scanned and indexed the directory tree of a sync folder, all the structural info is going to be stored in its database and always passed to other peers (until you disconnect the sync folder).
It means that if you create or edit your IgnoreList file after the directory was added to Sync, the folder structure will always be fully synced, however, actual files / folders added to the ignore list will not be passed to other peers.

BitTorrent Sync re-reads IgnoreList every time it is changed or (if system notifications are not coming for some reason) every folder_rescan_interval. We recommend to restart Sync if you want to apply changes in the IgnoreList immediately.

There is also a part on how to be careful on folders filesystems..

Thank you.

Yes I have seen that, I'm using only Windows OS so I use \ délimiter.

And I have restarted my computer several times so I think it's OK. All excepted folders are ignored except this one. There is also an other thing : folder is synced but only folders are synced, not files, so exception seems to be half OK...

NicCo,

Did you try re-adding the folder to Sync after you edited IgnoreList? 

Cause if you edited it while the folder was in Sync, the sub-folder itself will still be synced, though files there - not. 

So not disconnect the folders, remove the empty ignored subfolders from target peers and connect them back