Incomplete Syncing Between Folders, But Sync(2.1) Doesn't Say Anything

gerard

Hi there,

I am transferring content from an old pc to a new pc, and part of its content is being moved with Sync 2.x. I have several devices synced, so I just installed Sync to the new computer and with my account all folders started to be synced.

Now Sync has finished his work. I have 8 folders, 6 of them are 1.4 folders. In 9 of them the folder size is equal according to Sync, this is looking at Sync at both computers. The last one is however not equal: 21.06 Gb vs 191.09 Mb (1.4 folder)

It doesn't complain, it looks as everything is correct. Turning off and on Sync doesn't help.

What can I do?

UPDATE:

*versions of sync 2.0.128 (36) in the old one, 2.1.4 (79) in the new one, the old one doesn't say anything about updating!

I have updated the old one: 2.1.1 (51), and the new one remains the same, it says I am up to date if I click the "check now" button. Nothing has changed

Thx

gerard,

how are your computers connected - rw, ro, owner? what are these files? does Sync reports that is has something to upload/download? 

Currently sync 2.1.4 is the latest and is not available for autoupdate, only for manual download and install. 

To debug your case, please update all peers and submit logs from both peers to support. Please indicate which exactly folder is having the problem. 

Hi Admin,

Both computers are owners (actually I have 4 computers, 3 as owners and another one as ro if I remember correctly)
Sync does not seem to report anything. In the computer that is not downloading everything, it sees 3 computers (the 4rth is turned off) and says "18 files to" in the activity, which I believe is referring to the past activity. It actually says in the Date synced a "a day ago", while the rest of folders have been updated just 3 minutes ago.

Curiously, I've created a test.txt file in 2 folders, the first one that works ok has updated it, the non-working folder has ignored it and still says "a day ago" (vs "a few seconds ago").

*looking at how to add attachments

-> One log file has been shortened to fulfil the -500Kb

COMPUTER_NONOK_shortened_sync.log.txt

COMPUTER_OK_sync.log.txt

I have deleted the folder and start syncing it again from scratch. Now it has finished at 9.69 Gb (of 22Gb).

To be honest, I am seriously doubting about the status of the backups. I was assuming that I had identical copies of all my folders in all my devices as my backup plan in case of disaster. Now I am not sure at all, and the files are way too many to manually check part of them.

I don't know. Is there any common explanation for this? Is this something known and easy to fix?

Thx

What I would suggest doing is completely uninstalling BitTorrent Sync and starting from scratch-scratch and not just removing the folder and re-adding it. There are temporary files BitTorrent Sync is reading from and writing to and I had a couple issues like that, that got resolved due to a fresh install on the very latest version of it.

There is a help document at help.getsync.com that explains how to properly uninstall it.

Let me know if it helped!

gerard,

Remove file \2014.11 - Between the quadrupole and the ion trap\~WRL0001.tmp from WIN_IMAC09 and its bts counterpart from the other peer. The file is stuck. Or at least rename it.

Also, we'd recommend updating all peers to Sync 2.1.4 

If problem remains, please do follow the instruction given here to submit logs: (there you will also find where to add attachments)

1) do enable loggin in Sync preferences ( COMPUTER_OK_sync.log.txt   is not debug) 

2) Reproduce the problem or just restart Sync

3) let Sync collect logs for at least 10-15 minutes.

4) collect both sync.log and sync.log.old from %appdata%\ Bittorrent Sync and attach them to web form

Please do not forget to mention the forum topi and the folder that is not syncing.

If you now share RO folder, enable "Overwrite any changed files" in its preferences in Sync.