[Solved] Sync Issue With One Peer

mariano

I've 5 peer connected with 4 folder with btsync. As I updated to windows 10 and btsync 2.1.x only one peer has gone crazy.

Here is the situation this peer works with 4 folder, only one folder of those is stalled.

There is a very slow sync activity in existing files, only new files are synced. The existing one in this peer has always the priority in syncing, even if other peer has updated a file.

I can't send you the entrire logs via forum, so I'm putting an extract in which I've tried to see what is the problem, I've noticed some messages that are not right:

there are many messages like this:

SF[E0D8] [EF61]: Won't connect file xxx, in failed downloads

and then

Blocked downloading file xxxx due Connection closed

SF[E0D8]: Torrent \\?\xxxxx state:4 error: meta:1 conns:1 io:0

I've already done some stupid things:

1) Verified the owner of the files in all peers

2) verified connection with all peers (trying to modify the other folders) and they work

3) Delete and reconnect the folder of the not running peer

4) Re-installed btsync (not deleting appdata folder ... should I clean all?)

I repeat, this behaviour happens only in one peer even if in others I've made the same things...

sync_extract-log.txt

Little update:

1) Tried to clean the peer completely and re-install the app: now it's stalled in 2 folder

2) I've verified within the log that it is tring to verify signature on some file that are no longer existing because of deleted (many time ago). I've tried to recreate and delete the folder in another peer but still not working.

Thanks,

Mariano

Mariano, 

in the extract yeah, there are mentions about failed signatures for a folder. On that machine, where signatures check fails, create a file, any) right in ESPRIT\Data\Technology\AgieVision folder.

Or on the uploading peer rename ESPRIT\Data\Technology\AgieVision folder.  You can just rename it from AgieVision to AgieVision.

Sorry, the log doesn't have info about the second folder, but if it also refers to signatures, try the tips above.

If it doesn't help, please send full logs from both - uploading and downloading peers via this form . Don't forget to mention this topic forum. 

Mariano, 

in the extract yeah, there are mentions about failed signatures for a folder. On that machine, where signatures check fails, create a file, any) right in ESPRIT\Data\Technology\AgieVision folder.

Or on the uploading peer rename ESPRIT\Data\Technology\AgieVision folder.  You can just rename it from AgieVision to AgieVision.

Sorry, the log doesn't have info about the second folder, but if it also refers to signatures, try the tips above.

If it doesn't help, please send full logs from both - uploading and downloading peers via this form . Don't forget to mention this topic forum. 

Solved today with a workaround very close to your tip.

I've re-added all files/folders in other peers that btsync tried to check without deleting it. After about 30-40 files all seem normal. I've tested the sync in many peers and seems to work. After this operation I've restored the files I need. It's very strange that this has happened only in one peer and that btsync try to check other peers.

I have to say that the app is not so clear about the activity that is doing, even if all messages in the frontend were clean I noticed a lot of work monitoring the app.

I think that you should provide a command to force the re-creation of indexes/signature and re-comparison of files/folders between the peers.

Thank you,

Mariano