Can't Sync Xp 1.4.111 With W8.1 2.2.2.112

fefrie

I'm having a heck of a time getting setup.

Previously I had an XP 1.4.111 <->  w8.1 1.4.72 setup.  It was working and while the interface on the 8.1 did not work and had a blank screen, the actual syncying worked fine.

I had to sell the w8.1 computer and got the exact same one, but I cannot for the life of me get them to sync up.

On the w8.1 I've tried all configurations, from 1.4.72 to 1.4.111 and now the 2.2.2.112, and I'm not getting the two to talk together.  I've used keys, and links, and nothing works.

Right now I have a XP 1.4.111 with w8.1 2.2.2.112 setup.

The XP hasn't changed since the first setup.  I used a link and got it connected to the w8.1.

I clicked on the approval on the XP, and.... NOTHING.

So I'm a little frustrated.  The approval went through, but on the XP I see 0 of 0 peers and on the W8.1 I'm getting a pending approval.

I need some help!

@fefrie

Exchanging keys does not require approvals. Could you please describe what exactly happens to the folder that you add on, say, WinXP and then share key to Win8.1. Does peers appear in peer list? 

Also, could you please describe your network configuraiton and how XP and 8.1 are connected?

Both computers are on a local area network.  Exceptions have been made for each on the firewall, and connected wirelessly.

My latest try.

New folder on XP,  MyDoc/BT Folder.  Added that.  Used 'copy' to use the web/getlink.  Copied the link to w8, opened that link and selected MyDoc as the folder and got a BT Folder created in the MyDoc folder.  Great so far.  W8 'pending approval'

After a wait, XP asks me to approve requests, I click yes, and I get 0 of 0 peers.

In another situation, if I use keys from XP to W8, after I type the key in W8,  It creates the folder in the right spot, but it doesn't display pending approval, it goes straigt to 0 of 0 peers.  and the XP doesn't change either just sits there stating 0o0 peers.