My Folders Just Disappeared!

dustmite

Hi,

I just started up one of my peers (raspberry pi) that I had previously setup as a linked device and has folders shared with it. then I went to my pc which set up the folders in the first place to be shared and in the client no folders are listed!

I havent removed any or changed any, or moved location or anything like that. The folders are still there on my machine. Yesterday they were fine, today they seem to be lost from sync.

Has anyone seen this before?, know how to remedy it? the folders still have thier .sync folder in them.

I dont want to try re-adding them again incase it forces a complete re-sync of all the data, which is ~250GB, so rather wouldnt.

Thanks for any help

It would not resync all the data. It would re-index and then compare with your other peers sharing the same folder. Everything that would've been new would be synced but not the entire thing if you stil have the data.

You should be fine re-adding it in sync

dustmite,

Really, form description it's not clear what actually happened and why. So, you just had RPi and PC linked under one identity, and there were some folders shared between them, and one day you wanted to add another folder to PC, and noticed that no folders were in Sync anymore, right? But at the same time they were still in Sync on RPi? 

The folder may disappear from sync in the following cases:

1) the current identity was unlinked. 

2) Sync's settings files got damaged and/or deleted. 

3) the folder were just removed from Sync, which seems to be not your case.

So the best way to figure out why folders disappeared s to recall in details what was being done with Sync right before that? 

Hi,

Well, I didnt add any more folders. The ones I have in sync are setup on my main pc to be read only on other peers as I just wanted to backup.

I've been setting up my RPi as a mirror for the main pc and I also have another pc working as a mirror also.

So the folders disappeared from my main pc, but still show up on the mirror pc in the Sync Pro app. On raspberry pi the files are still there, but on the main pc didnt show RPi as one of the peers anymore.

Now. I think that the folders disappeared when I upgraded the main pc to 2.2.4. The RPi is on the base install version I think, not looking at it right now.

Hope these details help, but this must be bug, right?

I just did some checking with my other pc.

Even though my main pc client is running and hasn't changed setup and looks to have the same device key, my other pc show it as not online. If I try to manually enter the device key again, it says that I will have to delete the folder on the other PC, because its a different certificate. So what its telling me is that If I do that I will have to erase the folders from the other pc, re link my main pc device, then re-sync all 250GB of files again? I really hope not.

Also, amusingly(not) my main pc says there are (0 of 1) peers online and when I click it it list that peer as the very machine I am working on right now.

dustmite,

> I will have to delete the folder on the other PC, because its a different certificate.

It may mean that your main PC actually has different identity. So most likely it was once unlinked from identity, and lost its folders, while RPi and second PC kept them 

For you to relink peers and re-share the folder will be the option. You will be able to pick exiting folder with same files to avoid re-syncing as Moe mentioned.

Thanks for the reply Helen.

I just went to the guide you linked to there and tried to re-add the folders to the peer and chose the same location that already exists locally.

However instead of getting the confirmation dialog to add anyway, I get a little yellow triangle and the message 'Selected folder is already added to sync' and can't proceed further.

Can you advise me on the next step to resolve this problem please?