Sync Ui Very Slow And Constantly Freezing

3dee

We have been using Sync and Sync Pro on several machines, and use this to distribute copies of our main shared files.

We have a qnap nas that takes about 3-5 mins to show the complete UI, and working on any listing is painfully slow in terms of UI response.

I thought this was restricted to NAS issues  with only 2gb memory on board, but recently we added a 32gb memory modern server with a 'sync' account in my private cloud, and the UI is just as bad.

Admittedly we have about 5 folders that are rather large (30gb) and have many sub folders, but to see the UI become unresponsive for about 4 seconds, then recover only to be very slow at responding makes maintenance almost impossible. Is this a memory management problem in the UI? Are there any tweaks I could use to improve responsiveness?

Can Sync be run effectively as a 'service'? Would this be better performance-wise?

This spoils an otherwise brilliant product for me.

3dee,

Can you please share a few details:

What Sync version you use? make sure it's 2.2.5 for QNAP

Are there any network shares in Sync? and how many files are there in the folders. 

As UI freezes, collect and send the output for:

1) top -p <sync_pid> -Hb -n5 > top.txt 

2) lsof -p <sync_pid>

3) Sync log  mind increasing log size. 

and

4) run kill -6 <sync_pid>, 

go to /share/XXXXX/.qpkg/BitTorrentSync/.sync (where XXXX is you volume) and see if there are .dmp files.

Submit everything to support