Archiving Data

Beanie

Hi,

I am trying out the Pro option and using Selective Sync Read Only key.

I have installed Sync as a service on the "server" side, and the desktop client on the "client side"

Last night the client side moved 90% of my files to the archive folder (I assume it will delete in 30 days) but these files never moved on the server, nor would i have wanted them to.

Luckily i was able to move them back.

Would anyone know why this would happen please?

thanks

Beanie

Beanie, do you have at least 2.2.5 version on all peers? The most possible reason why files were unexpectedly deleted is due to old versions where some bugs weren't fixed, for example in 2.0.128 version there was a bug with selective sync.

We would like to know why it happened. If both peers have at least 2.2.5 version, please collect logs from both peers. I've sent you an invitation to upload logs.

Yes both were the latest from your downloads page.

Logs are not available as i removed the service and install GUI instead. but now this seems to be taken forever to index.

Also another issue i have is if i rename a file on the Server the old file on the client side deletes itself.

I am going to uninstall everything and try once more. Service on the server and GUI on the client?.

Beanie

Beanie, when you add a folder and it is not empty Sync indexes all files to be sure that all files up to date or if it is necessary to transfer some files.

When you rename a file on the read-write peer it should rename the file on the read-only peer, it shouldn't remove it unless there are some file system permissions issues. So we need logs to see what happens in your case. You can install the version, which is more convenient for you. We'll be able to analyze logs from both versions.