BTSync LogCat

nat101

Is there a way to tell BTSync (Android) NOT to log its stuff at all?

The BTsync logcat is overwhelming and even if filtered out in my Eclipse's logcat console, it bogs my 6-core 12gig ram machine down significantly.

Since I am using this tablet for my own Android development, I need to use the logcat console. But the BTSync logcat is not only slowing the device, my entire desktop Eclipse ADT gets bogged down. I am 100% that it's the BTSync app.

So, back to the question: How do I tell BTSync Android app NOT to log anything. 

Thank you much.

nat

4 hours ago, RomanZ said:

The only other way I can advise is to filter out the logcat output. Without access to Sync's data you can't prevent it from writing logs

As I said in my original post, the filter does not solve this problem! I am not trying to read all those zillions of debug log lines! EVEN if filtered out, it still slows my desktop environment immensely due to all that data being sent over the usb, into the Eclipse ADT LogCat console. The filter merely filters the data after it hits the console.

Furthermore, what about my other devices (like my phone) that are being used normally (not as a developer device) , do they incur a huge hit due to this exceptionally detail log? (Many many line each second.)

Hey, am not complaining. After all this BTsync app is still in Beta. BUT, it's a no brainer for a developer to include a settings toggle for log output. (Hint..)

Thank you much.

nat

Sorry - missed the filter part in your original message. We are reducing amount of logs now (on all platforms) so next build should be much more lightweight for you. There is a toggle in debug.txt, although it is not accessible easily on Android. We plan to provide UI switch in future.