Can BTSync download from .torrent files?

I'm thinking about using BTSync to share software updates with people who have slow/erratic/intermittent internet connections, who rarely manage to stay online long enough to complete a really big download (as many of these updates tend to be). I've asked a few open source software developers (like Mozilla) if they'd be interested in using BTSync to distribute those files themselves (so people would always have access to the latest releases, without having to wait for me to a) notice, and b) download new versions. (The response of those developers that I've heard back from was "We can't be bothered to do that, but you go ahead if you want to.")

But as I've been looking for for files to distribute this way, I've noticed that some developers (like Ubuntu) offer the option of downloading their software using torrents. So the question that occurred to me was: can BTSync make use of .torrent files, too? It would be sweet just to be able to give people a list of read-only keys for whatever software they need to keep updated. Or would they need to install a separate BitTorrent client, and use BTSync for some files, and their BitTorrent client for others?

Greg

Hi Greg,

Sync cannot deal with .torrent files. So currently it is not possible to use single client to both sync and download torrents. Also, sharing with Sync has quite a limitation: every share has limit of 100 peers to simultaneously transfer files. While this is enough for personal use and small companies, that definitely wouldn't be enough to massively distribute data.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

well, I am so sorry to disturb after one year, but I encountered similar problem, I'd like to know  Sync can deal with .torrent files or not?  I downloaded some torrent files but no player can work with them, some people told me to convert torrent files to mp4, I checked at http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/torrent-to-mp4.html but I am using Mac OS, they just support Windows, I really wanna know Sync can support me or not? by the way, the above link is wrong? It appears 404?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Downloading pictures from Torrent little complex since its draw much time.

However, you can really easily in the event that you know finest torrent sites that you are able to get best files.

1. After you have start ZbigZ or similar of Zbigz
  2. Just copy your torrent file and past on above shared tools like Zbigz
  3. Now you need to wait for few seconds
  4. you'll find a fresh downloading link out of zbigz
  5. currently duplicate downloading link and beyond it in IDM
  6. it's completed, you can now download faster any torrent file.

Thank you

• 3 months later...