Identical files are transferring

jammin

Recently I had a problem where all of my folders on both of my windows machines running BitTorrent Sync Service 2.3.6 became disconnected.  The reasons for that require more investigation, but my immediate problem is that when I reconnected them, it reindexed the folders and the started to transfer the entire contents of one machine to the other, even though the identical files already existed with the same date & time.

Is there any way to stop this?  I initially synced the machines when they were on the same LAN, and to fully resync again over WAN would take months!

jammin, did you choose correct folder location? Sync tries to avoid conflicts when you add a folder via link or reconnect it and suggest another folder name. Do you have "(1)" in the name? If yes, you need to disconnect the folder and connect it again.

If everything is correct we need more details about your case. You can see which files Sync is transferring in the peer list(take a screenshot with names) then close Sync and show screenshot from both peers showing modification time. If Sync only writes that certain files should be transferred but there are actually no transfers it is normal behaviour, because it tries to send files to another peer, but other peer tell that files are the same so Sync won't transfer them.

Thanks for the reply.  Initially I did hook it up to the wrong folder.  Easy to do when it automatically appends the folder name (so I chose D:\Videos and it changes it to D:\Videos\Videos)!  Won't make that mistake again.

After rectifying that, it appeared like it was transferring everything again, but I guess it was just transferring hashes.  It took about 24 hrs on a very slow internet connection to resync 3.8TB (almost 10,000 files) so I guess that's not bad!