0byte files and duplicated files! Please Help

YI WANG

I used Sync for about half a year, and now i'm using RC 2.4. I synced my important photos and movie clip of my daily files. Somehow when I found synced folder's size abnormal, i knew they were moved to the Archive folders. 

But after a while, I started thinking about whether is right to move those Archived files back to the Synced folder is right. Because I thought Sync moved those files to the Archive for a reason and maybe I shouldn't re-move them back, and maybe, the Missing Files would come back eventually.

But just now, I searched on Windows 10, for 0 byte files and found 2-3 of movie files. And the Archive folder is empty!!! OMG, where these files gone? Though I synced about 200gb of my daily of movies, 2-3 is just a tiny part. But this is critical in my opinion b/c I don't know where to find them back.... And I always thought the Sync would never deleted any files really, the what to do with these 0 byte files???

Hope Resilio team designed a mechanism in program to prevent delete ANY files!!! Thanks in advance.

And can you guys give me some daily operation rules to prevent data loss?? Really appreciate that. I don't want to go back the days I use a external HD disk and FreeFileSync to sync my data and pics manually, but which seems to be a rather safe way to deal with the critical work and life data.

For example, I should never move 0 byte files from Archive folder, and I need to delete them first, and move them back to the normal folder, is that right to do? And I think maybe that's the reason why I got those 2-3 0 byte files, I overwrite them by myself!!! So, please help, and is this the right procedure to do?

And for the duplicated files, today I found my folder are filled with lots of files exactly the same as my original files, only with the files to be add ".1" or ".2", why this happened? You can see as below screencapture pic.  

duplicatedfiles.png

I don't know why these files appeared, and those files almost enlarge my synced about double capacity. Today after 3 of my peers synced with each other for about 20 hrs, I found the size of folders are wired larger than its original size, and that's why I turned to open my folders and found these duplicated files.

@YI WANG,

6 hours ago, YI WANG said:

Hope Resilio team designed a mechanism in program to prevent delete ANY files

Yes, and it's Archive. SO if you manually took 0-sized files from there, not knowing they are 0 sized, and put them to the folder replacing the ones you had there, the archive will be empty. You can check archive on other desktops, but if i recall correctly, you have only two -this Win and RPI? 
If mu assumption is correct, and you manually put the 0 files to share on Win, these would sync to PRi, and RPi's local copy 9supposingly not 0 sized) will be moved to archive there. Check that. 

These .1 and .2 in files' names indicates that they were indeed manually moved out of archive and placed in the folder. So it's understandable why you have same files twice- the one that was synced, and the one that you manually moved out of archive. 

Unfortunately, without knowing what was done with the files before they became 0sized and without having debug logs from all your peers capturing this moment.