BT not connected after image restore

zvitwersky

After restoring my PC via an image file (with EaseUS Todo Backup), BT-sync is asking me to create a new identity. I suppose that since the image file I restored from is a week old, it messed up the BT-sync's date and time. I already had like 9 people syncing with me so how do I get back these people without creating a new identity.

p.s. ALL the log and configuration files are still intact (from the restore) in the AppData folder so I don't know why BT-sync is not using them.

2016-09-04 07_08_46-Sync.png

Edited by zvitwersky

Restoring a week-old storage worked fine. Then apparently the config and settings files are not intact after the restore.  See .SyncUserXXXXX folder in storage - that's where identity is kept. 
You can send the sync.log to me, I'll see if there are any hints at what might be wrong. 

yeah, support was talking about restoring connections on advanced folders. which is indeed almost impossible, because they are tied on certificates. 
preserving your identity shall be possible though, unless of course the PC had major crypto services changes, and again, most likely sync.dat and and/or .SyncUser got corrupted. 
But once you've relinked and reconnected everything, let it be. Sorry about the inconveniences caused.