[Solved] Trying to get Resilio to delete all identities associated with my Sync Account

eldrin

I've tried asking Resilio Support to delete all identities associated with my Sync Pro Account, but unfortunately they do not understand what I'm asking for.

Here is the initial message I sent to Support:

Hello, I want to start again from scratch with my Sync account, in order to delete all phantom devices which no longer exist and in order to change the folder names that are associated with the existing identity. I've already gone ahead and disconnected from all folders on all devices that actually exist, and I've then unlinked Sync from the devices that actually exist. Please can you delete all the identities that are currently associated with my Sync account so I can begin again from scratch.

Here is Support's reply to me:

Your Sync settings are stored on your personal devices in a folder that we call Sync storage folder:
https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/206664690-Sync-Storage-folder
To start from the scratch you just need to delete it but do not forget to stop Sync prior to deletion otherwise it will block your attempts to do this.
Also please note that there may be a BitTorrent Sync folder - you should also delete it.
If you'll have any other issues or questions - please contact us freely.
Have a nice day and thank you for using our product!

Here is my reply to Support:

Unfortunately, I don't think you've understood my request. There is still an identity associated with my Sync Account, which I cannot fully delete because there are 2 phantom devices associated with that identity which do not exist. I cannot remove them because they do not exist. I need someone from Resilio to delete the identity that is still associated with my Sync Account in order for everything to be fully reset.

Here is Support's reply to that:

Devices that are visible in My devices window are also stored in the database located in Sync storage folder. So when you will delete it - all your shared folders will be gone from Sync as well as all the linked devices. Is it what you are looking for?
Also you can follow the other advices:
https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/205457815-Sync-Private-Identity-Linking-My-Devices
https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/204644049-If-your-device-is-stolen
They will lead you to the same effect.

What can I do to get Resilio to delete the identity that is associated with my Sync Pro account?

as far as i know the support engineer solved the problem for you, right? 

For everyone else here: the best way to 'start from scratch" is to delete the storage folder, as was mentioned above. On each device that is currently being used. Even if you have some 'phantom" devices in My devices list, these will go away after you delete the storage. Deleting the storage equals starting Sync from scratch. Sync will act as if it's a clean install.
Another option to get rid of phantom devices is to go to My devices -> this device -> unlink. It will delete the current identity from the device. Do that on all devices that you have. The phantom device will be deleted together with identity. BUT other settings will still remain in storage. So unlinking identity does not equal "starting Sync from scratch", it's just recreating identity. 
Hope it helps someone.