[Solved] Problems on Raspberry Pi

scottfrey

Trying to get sync working on Raspberry Pi 3, running the latest Jessie update (Pixel?)

I've gotten it all running and folders syncing, but it will only fill in part of the circle and then it stops syncing and displays the error "Don't have permissions to write to selected folder" History shows a lot of "Finished Syncing file [path/file]" then abruptly switches to "Failed to download  [path/file] -WriteToDisk"

Both the successfully written to directories and the failed are owned by Pi, and permissions are 777. 

Also, in Preferences, under Web UI is says "Connection settings overwritten by config" but there is no config file in /opt/resilio/bin, only LICENCE.TXT and a files called rslsync (Presumably the executable)

Installed via the instructions here: https://www.resilio.com/blog/official-linux-packages-for-sync-now-available

I've no idea how it is launching (config or not, what user it is running under, etc)

I should add, I am syncing two calibre libraries, one eBooks, one Audiobooks. The ebook lib has synced 2058 of 14,698 items (combined files and directories) and the Audiobook library has synced 543 or 980 items

Help?

"Don't have permissions to write to selected folder"
Where exactly and on what step do you see this error? Apart from posix permissions there are a few other cases when this error may pop up. For details, please contact support. 

On 12/3/2016 at 10:02 AM, scottfrey said:

Web UI is says "Connection settings overwritten by config" but there is no config file in /opt/resilio/bin, only LICENCE.TXT and a files called rslsync (Presumably the executable)

In Sync packages config is located in /etc/resilio-sync/config.json . Else you can check what config the process using by running command "ps aux | grep rslsync" 

The permissions problem seems to have occurred when using ExFAT and vFAT formatted drives. Files got corrupted by sync, and upon reboot the drive was mounted as read only (and headless, there is no way to tell this occurs). I've successfully synced twice now with EXT4 formatted drives. The downside of EXT4 of course is there is no (stable) way to write to them other than on the Pi itself, So I am totally dependent on sync (no easy pre-seeding of drives)

So, don't use ExFAT or vFAT (or likely NTFS or HFS+) format on a Pi running resilio, and this one is solved