If I share something on my computer, will it share automatically on the NAS?

Hi!

I bought Sync recently, hence very new to it.

I am looking for a solution that my NAS mirrors stuff on my computer(s). The idea is like this:
Everytime I need to make something available from outside home, I want to add it to the share (like, eg put it on dropbox).
When I shut down the computer (after finishing syncing), I want it to be available on the NAS (or another server that is turned on, eg Raspberry Pi) without the need to go to the NAS and accept the share.

Is that doable?

Hi,

Doable in 2 ways:

1. Either create a share, ensure it is on NAS and all other your devices. From now on, any sub-folder you put there will be synced to NAS and all other devices who get this share.
  2. Link your computer that is going to produce new shares and NAS in My Devices. On NAS, ensure that it accepts all new folders in "Connected" mode. That's it. All new shares that you add on your PC will appear on NAS and start syncing.

all shares appear on all linked devices, no matter where you add them to Sync initially. they do not appear on non-linked devices. So if you want to share a folder with your friend, add that to sync and share manually via link. And vice versa your friend can share a link to his/her folder with you. The shared folder will appear on all your linked devices. 

>Is there a way to add a share that will NOT be automatically synced on devices with "synced" on?
No. "synced" mode actually means that each share that arrives from a linked device will automatically appear in default location and start downloading all files. 

Thanks Helen.

This means that I'll have to  skip Synced mode for now, until there is a feature that allows users to work in two "environments", "inside my devices" and "outside my devices".
Where can I send feature suggestions? Otherwise, it feels like the way it works now, its either-or. I believe it would be a richer experience to offer both cases; a link within you can share stuff in synced mode, and another case where you can share other things meant for people outside your own device link.