Resilio Pro: One Way Sync

bzowk

Hey Guys - 

I have been using BTSync Pro on a variety of devices for over a year now and recently upgraded them to Resilio Sync - I love the app!  90% of my overall traffic is sent from a system running Ubuntu to a Windows 10 system where I'm on the latest Resilio version on each and they are running as a service.

My question is how can I make the Ubuntu pair of sync folders "Read Only" so that if I were to add anything in the sync folders on the Windows 10 side, they would not be uploaded? Also, can this be configured on existing connected synced folders?

Since I'm using Pro, I recently disconnected one of the folders then deleted it as an option to connect to.  Once done, I added the folder on the Linux side, ensured "Read Only" was selected, then once it appeared on the Windows side connected it to the matching folder.  To make sure it worked, I added a test,txt file on the Windows side, but it appeared back in Linux after a minute (isn't working).  Why?  Do I need to connect to the folder on the Windows side using a key instead of choosing to connect from the available folder?

Thanks!

UPDATE

After posting, I disconnected and deleted the sync again from both boxes.  I added a folder on the Linux side and on the Windows side instead of connecting from the sync that appeared, I pasted in the key produced with "Read Only" selected in Linux.  Once done, I tested again but it still didn't work as files I added in the Windows folder were added in the Linux folder.  Argh!

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Edited by bzowk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply.  

The folders I wish to be set up this way are black with a white crown - not the pencil.  However, I'm only wanting the Linux side to only send and Windows side only receive if that helps.  As far as how I've added the folders, I have tried the below two methods:

Method #1 Attempted

• Created a folder on the Linux box set to Read Only
  • Waited to Windows Resilio Sync to show the new available folder to connect to, then choose to Connect it to a local folder.  Unfortunately, files added to the Windows folder are syncing to the Linux folder

Method #2 Attempted

• Created a folder on the Linux box set to Read Only
  • Instead of the above, I copied it's key and manually connected to it from the Windows box.  Still, as above; files added to the Windows folder are unfortunately syncing to the Linux folder

Overall Goal

To have two separate folders synced between a Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) Resilio Sync installation and a remote Windows (Windows 10 x64 - Sync runs as a service) Resilio Sync installation.  Each Linux folder will sync files & folders to the Windows folder when they are added, but any files/folders added to the Windows folders are not synced to the Linux folders.

As mentioned, both Resilio Syncs installations are up to date as of writing.  Thanks!

9 hours ago, bzowk said:

are black with a white crown

So they are not RO. And both your attemps do not setup RO share> 
You need to:
add standard folder to Linux, see it appear on Windows as disconnected (dotted). Take RO key from the folder from Linux and paste it to "manual connection" in Sync on Windows.