Sync via NAS

OK, I think I messed up, when I opened the app from my Netgear, I was confused by it being in the root directory. I then opened the local Resilio sync at 127.0.0.1 on both my pc and laptop thereby creating a copy of each others My Documents.

I now have opened the app and found the NAS copy of My documents, and I want to sync this so that if I make changes on my pc, they are reflected on my laptop and visa versa.

How do I achieve this?

Regards

Pete

Sorry I'm a little confused. I have a PC, a laptop and a Readynas, all running Resilio sync. I want to sync the My documents folders on the PC and Laptop via the NAS. Where do I add which folder ? I don't want to share the My documents folder as that created an additional copy of it on the pc and laptop.

This is all across a LAN as I have a limited internet connection.

Regards

Pete 

Pete, just add "MY documents" folder to Sync on PC, and share the link with NAS and Laptop. When using the link on NAS and laptop, pick the existing "My Documents" folder located there as target. SO folder "my documents' located on three devices will start syncing. 
Please see  the guides provided! 

• 1 month later...

I am sorry for the delay, have been working away from home.

I can open, read and write to My documents with the user I am logged on as. I open Resilio Sync and try to add a folder (My Documents) and it says "Don't have permission to write to selected folder".

Is this something to do with the user Resilio Sync defaults to when it is installed i.e. the Name that will be used.....?

Regards

Pete

I thought I'd try removing Resilio completely, then re-install etc on the PC. I typed in a username then selected start resilio as a service. After the install, the web browser started up and I typed in the user name and password and it wouldn't accept it, it just kept asking for the user name and password again.

I really don't know what is going wrong.

Pete

19 hours ago, pete harrison said:

I cannot add the My documents to Resilio Sync.

Open elevated command Prompt, navigate to the Documents folder using command cd. check if there are junctions using command "dir /A" . If there are, and you don't need those, try removing them using command rmdir. 
80152b8414.png
If that does not help, please do recheck the folder permissions and give the use who runs Sync rw access to the folder. 

18 hours ago, pete harrison said:

it wouldn't accept it, it just kept asking for the user name and password again.

Use this guide to reset password