[Solved] Sync gets stuck sending

Recommended Posts

Had a problem with Sync saying that it was sending in the progress column, but the message didn't go away, looking at the peers i noticed that one of them had files that were being sent to them but it's as if it wasn't responding. The list of files "sending" would then increase as other files became stuck in a queue. A quick fix was to restart Sync on the machine that wasn't receiving the files.

I contacted support, send over a few log files and they suggested that it was due to Adobe software with autosave features enabled. The file would start to sync from the source machine and then autosave would change the file, which threw out one of the machines in the sync pool.

They suggested we add the Adobe file types to the FileDelayConfig file (a JSON file), located in the global storage folder for Sync on each machine. Something to note though is that on all of the mac and linux machines this file was an empty json object { }, where as on the PC's this was already populated with file extensions.

I've currently set the delay to 30 seconds (it's important for my setup that the machines stay as quickly in sync as possible), but we will see what delay works best.

Just wanted to note this down here in case anyone else was having the same problems.

Storage folder location: https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206664690-Sync-Storage-folder

FileDelayConfig details: https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/207491426-Setting-Delay-Time-For-Syncing


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

I get this occasionally. Move the stuck files out of the sync folder (eg. desktop) and then back to the original place. 

Where a lot of files seems to be stuck, I'll move entire folders out and back in. This causes the folder to be removed on all the peers, but when i move it back in, it doesn't seem to require resyncing the entire folder, only the files that were stuck.


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I enabled debug logging which seemed to help stop files from getting stuck, however I've discovered that it's certain files in particular that become stuck syncing.

InDesign files, and Adobe X D files. Both look as though they create temporary files which cause Sync to become stuck, looking at the logs it looks as though Sync hashes the temp file, tries to sync, but the file changes, so therefore the two files don't match, and the sync fails.

I've added *.idlk (InDesign lock files) and *.~tmp (X D Temp files) to the IgnoreList files in the .sync folders on all the machines and so far things seem to be back to normal.


Hope this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.