How do I start Resilio Sync minimized?

Reverend_Jim

Uh oh. Of course it is. The continuing stooooory... (Dr. Bob - Veterinarian's Hospital - The Muppet Show)

I had to rebuild my Dell laptop from scratch using a windows 10 ISO that included the Fall Update (which I shall refer to as FU for several reasons) because FU wouldn't update. It said I had to remove Drive Image 7 first. I had never installed that application but apparently either FU misidentified something else or Dell included a component of DI7 as part of their pre-installed Windows 10 system.

In any case, it looks like FU strikes again. Is there a solution or do I just have to put up with it? It's not a big problem because reboots are so infrequent but if there is an easy fix I'm all ears.

• 1 year later...

After the Fall Creator’s Update, Windows automatically reopens apps that were open upon restart or shutdown.  This includes Sync.  To disable this, navigate to the following location:

Settings > Accounts > Sign-In Options

Scroll down to Privacy on the right and then set the following to Off:

Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart. 

This will fix the issue and Sync will still start, but will do so minimized to the tray.  Note that this will disable the automatic reopening of other apps upon restart, if that is a deal breaker for you.