External HDD accidentally removed - files deleted on other peers

Andlsbuch

Hello!

I am syncing my photos across my notebook, my synology nas and my pc.

Today i unplugged accidentally the external hdd from my pc where the synced photos are stored.

In the log files, i saw several entries that some of my photo folder and files are removed. (File xxx.jpg removed in the pc log)

So Resilio thinks that the files have been deteled because i unplugged my external hdd.

Is this a normal behavior? 

I am just worried, because what will happen if this drive will fail someday?

Will all this photo files be deleted on the other peers if the external drive of my pc fail?

deleted.png

• 3 weeks later...

We have had that issue in the past as well. Lost tons of data. We have also been having it where if one machine is offline for a while, when it comes online, the new files that it should be downloading actually delete from the other peers as if the system is telling the database that they were deleted rather than never synced. These are issues that are making us dig into other options. This software is too expensive and the files are too valuable for this type of behavior.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, zpeverman said:

We have had that issue in the past as well. Lost tons of data. We have also been having it where if one machine is offline for a while, when it comes online, the new files that it should be downloading actually delete from the other peers as if the system is telling the database that they were deleted rather than never synced. These are issues that are making us dig into other options. This software is too expensive and the files are too valuable for this type of behavior.

Similar problems on our end. Resilio is causing catastrophic data loss (thank goodness for our backups)

I have just lost ~2.3 TB of archives due to Resilio nodes deleting files that were added (and already copied and working great) on other nodes, before other nodes that had been shut off for a while were powered-up.

Will let you know if (1) we find out the cause of this and (2) if we head with another solution that offers at-rest encryption in untrusted environments.