Use sync between two computers without internet?

Miyo

I'm at a location where I don't have internet connection. However, I want to sync files from my phone to my laptop. I can create a hotspot with my phone, but since there are no trackers, the devices can't find each other.

Is there a way to use sync in this scenario? Thanks for any ideas!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Frank Maier,

thanks for your explanation. That could be the reason why it's not working the way eltopo described it.

However, is it really true that the phone doesn't make a network? I have used another software to sync files in this way: 1) the software on the phone creates a hotspot, 2) the software on the phone sets up a web server and offers selected files on it, 3) the browser on the computer connects to the hotspot on the phone, 4) the browser on the computer connects to a local IP address and downloads the files.

What you need is a true network between the devices, done by a separate mobile access point.

So would it be a solution to use another phone for creating a hotspot and connecting both sync phone and sync computer to that network? Would it work or also not?