Sync errors on a RO folder

whitenack

Hi all,

I have multiple sync folders and all work great (other than a weird mass deletion once...fortunately had a backup) except for one particular folder.  This also happens to be my only Read Only folder, so I'm not sure if it is specific to the RO functionality or if there is some other issue.

The first error I get is a "Cannot Download 9 Files" error.  It says that the peer is not online but it will continue sync once they are back online.  However, the peer is indeed online, has been online for months, and the status shows "1 of 1" peers online.  

The second error I get is "(x) files are out of sync", and says that they have been deleted or changed on the RO folder and will be ignored in the future.  This is a problem for me because this folder is a backup storage folder that I am syncing between offsite external hard drives.  The backups are incremental, so I am worried about the integrity of the backup if some of the files have been altered/deleted a the destination drive.  I'm not sure how the files were altered/deleted in the first place, because I don't mess with those files/folders at all, but that is a different issue.  My issue here is how do I go about syncing these files back up with the source drive, so that I don't have to worry about my offsite backups missing files/folders.  I don't want to start over because the folder is 100's of GBs and it will take weeks to re-sync.

image.png

11 hours ago, whitenack said:

The first error I get is a "Cannot Download 9 Files" error.  It says that the peer is not online but it will continue sync once they are back online.  However, the peer is indeed online, has been online for months, and the status shows "1 of 1" peers online.  

@whitenack it's not only about peers.

For example if you create some file, work with it and then delete it. In case Sync was busy with syncing some other files and didn't sync this file until it was deleted to other peers, it will show you this warning message.

Sync knows that this file existed, but it doesn't existing anymore on this peer. Sync hopes that at some point new peer with this file will come and it will to sync it.

That's why it shows you this warning. You can just ignore it or turn it off completely.

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 09.30.54.png

11 hours ago, whitenack said:

The second error I get is "(x) files are out of sync", and says that they have been deleted or changed on the RO folder and will be ignored in the future.

Please set 'Overwrite any changed files' in folders preferences and you'll get what you want. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 09.32.29.png