READONLY-CONFLICT folder problem

rd4n3el

I searched for READONLY-CONFLICT before posting, did not see anything so apologies if this is a duplicate.

I have a simple setup I believe, installed Sync client on two different laptops and dragged content into one of the Sync folders.  On the second Sync laptop, all of my folders are Name*-READONLY-CONFLICT-1.  It looks like there was an initial sync of data successfully but after a few months of use, I see the two folders are diverging in size and number of files, so it appears sync in no longer working.

From what I can see, it looks like a permissions issue but I am signed into both sides with the same credentials.  I am not using the Sync "share" functionality, only the standard sharing.  I don't know what to do to resolve.  Both laptops are encrypted by employer so perhaps that is coming into play?  (they have always been encrypted so not understanding if that is the problem, how initial sync was successful)

Thoughts or steps for troubleshooting?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry but the above just seems wrong. I've got a bunch of files on a separate hard drive that only Sync operates on. I copied a folder so Sync can back it up. it then renamed it to "NAME-READONLY-CONFLICT-1" and then refuses to upload it, I've tried renaming the folder, moving the files out into a new folder and copying them back and all the same issue. There is definitely something renaming these folders and then refusing to upload it. This folder has never existed in my Sync folder in any capacity, I don't know how I can back these files up now.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with Sync 2.0.11

Make sure you're running at least 2.0.12 and you should be OK. I'm just replying to this in case someone bumps into this problem in the future.

From the changelog:

• FIXED: Possible Read Only Conflict files on upgrade

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2020 at 8:43 AM, Mawkee said:

I had the same problem with Sync 2.0.11

Make sure you're running at least 2.0.12 and you should be OK. I'm just replying to this in case someone bumps into this problem in the future.

From the changelog:

• FIXED: Possible Read Only Conflict files on upgrade

THANK YOU!! I downloaded the latest version of the desktop app and that fixed the error (which was totally annoying).