CLI with debuging and maintenance features

Andy+

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you've seen the current debug logs, I doubt there is interest in users self debugging issues. It's not an open source product and fixing the problem isn't really in the user's capability, so spending resources on user's to use CLI debugging tools doesn't make much sense.  They'd rather you contact them directly to get to the root of the problem, and then they'll assign resources to bugs that users are actually complaining about.

But +1 vote for improving their logging verbosity and structure.

3 minutes ago, Andy+ said:

Is not only for debugging issues, is also to have some CLI tools to have a better control of Resilio, e.g. reset of database, reset of device list if orphaned listed, etc., etc.

- uninstall

- Just delete the .db files

No app needed, and if it was needed, these actions should never, ever have to be done.  Resilio resources are stretched and need to prioritize.  This ain't one of them. Any improvements to fix syncing issues should be implemented in the webGUI and visible to the user so its more intuitive than having to break out the CLI tool and read up on documentation.  

I would also like that better. However, I think that advanced knowledge or expert experience may be required. I would rather see something like this in a CLI toolset to avoid misuse.Let's take the following thread as an example:

I have also had a desire to clean up this list. To have a button or a CLI command would be good.

In addition, a database reset was necessary for various reasons and was done manually via WinSCP. Stop Resilio, delete database completely, start Resilio. 52 peers were re-indexed, around 1.4 million files and directories, 2 TB, took around 1 day.

I solved the problem with orphaned devices by creating a new master ID, which then creates a new database anyway. All 52 peers had to be created.

11 hours ago, Andy+ said:

I would also like that better. However, I think that advanced knowledge or expert experience may be required. I would rather see something like this in a CLI toolset to avoid misuse.Let's take the following thread as an example:

I have also had a desire to clean up this list. To have a button or a CLI command would be good.

In addition, a database reset was necessary for various reasons and was done manually via WinSCP. Stop Resilio, delete database completely, start Resilio. 52 peers were re-indexed, around 1.4 million files and directories, 2 TB, took around 1 day.

I solved the problem with orphaned devices by creating a new master ID, which then creates a new database anyway. All 52 peers had to be created.

That's not a solution. That's not even an acceptable workaround. I'd rather the resources go into preventing and automatically resolving such an issue, not allow the worst band-aid, ever.